All conditions will be available to cook comfortably in a clean and tidy environment. First of all, İt will be told a brief summary about the meal. The cook will not only show us how she does it, but also she will even help us do it right while we prepare it.
Classes will be accompanied by chitchats, tea ceremony and while waiting for the dishes to be cooked, we can have some shisha, see the garden (seasonal fruits are free of charge to eat ) and relax.
After setting up the table with the food that we just have prepared, we’ll have a GALA dinner where we’ll all celebrate the successful end of the day with some local wine and cheese (or maybe something stronger).
What is included/excludedLunch
All ingredients and equipment
Translator for the duration of the cooking class
Departure & ReturnTraveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from any place inside Baku.
What to ExpectThe best thing to do in cold weather is to eat delicious food in a cozy and warm place of the city, drink beverages that warm your hearts and relax with a pleasant conversation. But in order to make this rest even more interesting, we will cook the food ourselves.
In this attractive tour we’re going be guests at local family house. They‘ll open for you their houses, kitchen and all sincerity. In this day trip you’ll taste and learn how to cook local foods that the taste will remain on your palate like: “Khan ashi” ,“ Kebab “, “Dushpara “, Bozbash” , “Kufta” and ect.
Our day will consist of:
• "Making a bazarlig !" Buy the ingredients you need to cook from their own place market by bargaining.
•Preparation of 3 kinds of meal (mentioned above)
• Enjoy the warmth of the family atmosphere, make meals together, set up table and have dinner.
• Learn special recipes and techniques from local inhabitant that you can re-create in your own kitchen
• Spend some cheerful times listening Azeri music, chating until dinner is ready
• Taste distinctive dishes that you have prepared with your own efforts and especially if it is a meal belong to a different culture.
• "Khan ashi " - With another name- "Shah pilaf" (sultan's pilaf) is a meal which rich in calories with rice, meat and covering the fried dough.
• Kebab - This is a meal which barbecued meat and vegetables. A special feature of our local cuisine is that the fat portion of the meat is also cooked.
• Dushpara - It's a dough-meat dish like a soup. Each of them is carefully bent by hand. It is usually likened to "papag" (small hats).
• Bozbash - It is a less juicy dish where the most delicious sides of meat are cooked with potatoes.
• Kufta - Minced meat is made in large balls, cooked with chickpea potatoes and so on.
Cancellation PolicyFor a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Additional infoConfirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Service animals allowed
Near public transportation
Infants must sit on laps
Infant seats available
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers