A tour of Baku and its suburbs is an excellent choice for those who want to see not only Baku in one day, but also visit other places of interest in Baku. As part of a 10-hour journey to the center and the environs of the capital, you will inspect the first settlements of people and try to unravel the meaning of drawings on ancient rocks, go to mud volcanoes, climb the medieval tower, walk along the historical streets of the Ancient City and new elite districts of Baku.
What is included/excluded
3 nights accommodation
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
Transport by private vehicle
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Traveler pickup is offered
Our Guide will meet you at the hotel lobby.Airports
- Heydar Aliyev Intl Airport, Baku Azerbaijan
What to Expect
Day 1: Arrival
- Arrival to Baku Heydar Aliyev airport. Check in at the hotel. Overnight.
Day 2: Baku- Gobustan- Baku , 130 КМ
• The Museum of Petroglyphs is another name for Gobustan - a mountainous place in the southeast of the main Caucasian ridge located 60 km from Baku. Archaeologists have found ancient sites of primitive people there, who left behind numerous cave paintings - Petroglyphs. This primitive art reflects the culture, economy, attitudes, customs and traditions of ancient people.
A long time ago, the waves of the sea splashed about these mountains, and then left them leaving characteristic traces of relief on polished rocks.
After the first accidental discovery in the 30s of the 20th century, more than 6 thousand of these unusual drawings were discovered (on 1000 rocks). Together with them were found ancient primitive dwellings - caves and habitats - and more than 100 thousand objects of material culture.
Walking tour of the Old City - rising from the southern coast of the Absheron Peninsula on the western edge of the Caspian Sea, the walled city of Baku was founded on the site of a settlement from the Paleolithic era. Icherishekher’s splendor lies in combining its various architectural monuments and its historically formed architectural and spatial plan with original street views, which merged into a single whole to reflect its long history and the merging of cultures that influenced its development over the past nine centuries. Icherisheher is still a lively, dynamic city with residential areas with local people.
Day 3: Baku- Absheron Peninsula – Baku
• A visit to the Yanardag complex - located on the Absheron Peninsula, 25 km north-east of the capital Baku, Yanar Dag is a 116-meter hill located on the top of the pocket of natural gas that constantly breaks through with fire. These flames flow at least three meters into the air, through the porous layers of sandstone. Unlike other mud volcanoes of Azerbaijan, Yanar Dag does not spill out dirt or liquid, as the fire always burns.
• Excursion to Ateshgah (Temple of Fire-worshipers, XVII century) -
The Temple of Eternal Flame - Ateshgah is a true Azerbaijani exoticism. It is well known in almost all the world. It is located 30 km from the center of Baku in the suburb of Surakhani. This area is known for such a unique natural phenomenon, as burning natural gas (underground gas that comes to the surface and ignites from contact with oxygen). The temple in its current state was built in the 17-18 centuries.Free time. Overnight in Baku.
Day 4: Departure
Breakfast .Transfer to the airport. The end.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers