What to Expect
Azerbaijani cuisine refers to the cooking styles and dishes of Azerbaijan. By participating in the tour of Azerbaijani cuisine, you will witness the richness of its cuisine, in addition to the historical monuments of Azerbaijan, located at the crossroads of east and west. For the people of Azerbaijan, food is an important part of their culture and is deeply rooted in the history, traditions and values. Azerbaijani cuisine, one of the oldest and richest cuisines in the world, combines the history of culinary culture, its philosophy, table psychology, traditions, as well as practical factors as an important part of material culture. The fact that most dishes are prepared on a special stove, barbecue, plate and earthenware gives the food a special taste and aroma. Azerbaijani cuisine includes more than 40 different plov recipes. The use of spices, vegetables and halal foods is predominant in Azerbaijani cuisine, where the vast majority of the population is Muslim. By participating in this tour, you will have a chance to taste some of the dishes of your choice, prepared according to your own taste, in local restaurants, where Baku residents have lunch every day.
• Fountain Square, Baku Azerbaijan
• Mangal salad(vegeterian) - eggplant, pepper, tomato, onion, salt
• Lula kebab (lamb kebab) - minced lamb meat, lamb fat, onion, salt, pepper
• Gutab (vegetarian) - flour, water, greens, cheese, salt
• Gutab (with meat) - flour, water, minced lamb or beef, salt
• Dolma from vegetables - pepper, tomato, eggplant, greens, minced lamb or beef, rice, salt, black pepper
• Dolma from grape leaves - grape leaves, minced lamb or beef, rice, salt, black pepper, greens
• Kufta - Kufta - minced lamb or beef, rice, greens, chickpeas, water, tomato, onion, salt, pepper, dried sour fruit,
• Kebabs - from chicken, from lamb with bone, lamb steak, fish, minced potato, liver.
• Shah's plov - Shah's plov - lavash, rice, oil, dried fruits, lamb or beef, onion, salt, pepper, saffron
• Khangal (vegetarian) - flour, water, salt, oil, onion